Sunday, October 03, 2010

How I lost 8 lbs in one day, or, The Diet from Hell

On Facebook I mentioned that I was excited for Conference weekend because I love watching church in my jammies.  Little did I know how prophetic a statement that was going to be. 

You  see, I didn't end up with the "yay, I am watching church in my jammies" kind of day.  It was more of a "I wish I were dead because I would feel better" kind of jammie day.

Yes, I was in my jammies but I wasn't watching conference.  I was worshiping at the porcelain throne.  Not only was I worshiping, I was ultra religious.  I didn't just kneel.  I sat at the throne with a bowl on my lap and I was like clock work.  Every 1-2 hours I had a religious moment again.

I caught a few snippets of conference on the radio but mostly I was in an out of my religious zen or on my bed wishing I was dead.  By late evening the only thing I wanted was a cherry Popsicle and some jello. 

Cherry Popsicles remind me of when I was young.  That was something mom would give me when I was sick.  It would help bring down fevers and was easy on your tummy.  Maybe that is why I was craving it.  A little mommy vibe.

Today I am a little more resembling human life form.  I actually had the where with all to get in a tub and lay there like a slug.  So today I am going to try this whole conference thing again.

I am skipping the jammies!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you were sick!!! Especially this fine weekend!!
    I hope you are feeling much much better!

    ReplyDelete

These are my opinions, viewpoints, and beliefs. If you do not agree, please be kind. If you cannot be kind, please do not comment.