Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I told my Young Women's group that I would bring treats to volleyball.  This is today's treat.  They turned out so cute and yummy I thought I'd share.


Yummy
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 cups pumpkin
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
4 cups flour
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts (optional)


Cream butter and brown sugar.  Add eggs, pumpkin and vanilla. Add remaining ingredients.
Drop from teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 degree for 8-10 minutes.
Cool on wire rack.
Makes about 80 little  mini cookies.


Some tips:
If you cook these enough they will be a cakey cookie.  If you don't cook it enough they will be gooey and doughy but not in a good way.
I used a cookie scoop.  They pretty much stayed about the same size and shape as the cookie scoop. They are cute little mini cookies.  They don't expand and grow like a chocolate chip cookie will.  You can fit a lot  more on the pan while you are baking.


It's like a little cookie colony.

These are a favorite autumn cookie at our house.  I hope you enjoy them too.

6 comments:

  1. I am a witness. They are good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh two of my favorites, pumpkin and chocolate! I will try these for sure! xoxoxox
    http://polymerplaytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sound like an awesome autumn treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a bakery near me that makes fabulous pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, so I think these cookies would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, yummy! Thanks for sharing! Gotta try this! Your blog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recipe, this should be fun to try with the babes.

    ReplyDelete

These are my opinions, viewpoints, and beliefs. If you do not agree, please be kind. If you cannot be kind, please do not comment.