Wednesday, September 08, 2010

I'll have a side of angst with my mystery, thank you!

I get up in the mornings and hit the treadmill.  Not literally, just go there for some exercise.  I like being able to watch something on TV; it makes exercise less heinous.

Now that we have Netflix I have been watching some old series' that I never watched while they were on TV.  I am also getting a lot of ribbing from my family. I got hooked on Veronica Mars.  It is a teen show about a girl, Veronica, who's dad was Sheriff but is now a PI.  She does a lot of sleuthing with him.  While she is in High School she ends up doing a lot of sleuthing for her peers.

My family likes to tease me that I am watching a show for teenagers.  My husband asked me "didn't you have enough angst in High School?".  They don't even have to listen to it when I am on the treadmill.  My hubby rigged up a really long chord for the headphone jack and I use my headphones while I am getting sweaty.

I like dramas, mysteries, cop shows etc. I think I finally decided why I liked Veronica Mars so much, aside from the fact that I actually enjoyed the characters and story lines, it's that a show geared toward teens isn't filled with sex scenes and foul language.  I could get my dose of mystery and intrigue at a PG level.

So, I have decided that they can rib all they want.  I will keep on watching teenage shows if I enjoy them. Besides, you are only as old as you feel.  Maybe that's why I enjoy it!!

Since I finished Veronica Mars I am now watching Friday Night Lights.  It is about a small Texas town that loves nothing but High School Football.  Because they are in Texas there is a lot of prayer on this show too.  Although it is a family show it is also classified at a teen show which will make it prime for family ribbing.

Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED Veronica Mars!! Very sad about how it ended though... wish they would have come out with at least 1 more episode to tie up the loose ends.

    ReplyDelete

These are my opinions, viewpoints, and beliefs. If you do not agree, please be kind. If you cannot be kind, please do not comment.