Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Who says the grass is greener?

In my job, managing a department, I have the occasion to learn things about people's personal lives. Having done payroll and working in the accounting department also affords me those opportunities. Oft times more than I really wanted to know.

Sometimes you look at people and think "they have it all together" or "I wish I had such-and-such like they do". Mostly, it makes me look and my life and think it isn't so bad.

Today is one of those days.  I have my own personal struggles, insecurities, failings; what have you, but all in all, my life isn't so bad.

I have a husband who supports me (most of the time) in things I want to do, my kids are mostly obedient and smart (although I wish one would clean a little more and one would go get a job), I have a good job and I like my job, we can pay our bills, I like my family and his family and we are healthy.

Not everyone can say that.

Theny I hear about this earthquake in Haiti.  Our company adopted an orphanage in Haiti.  The CEO of our company has two babies there that they are in the process of adopting.  It is hard to get word from Haiti.  They are very impoverished and don't have the kind of infrastructure to withstand such violent earthquakes.

Tonight I know my babies (teenagers as they are) are safe and sound.

I hope we can all take a moment to be grateful for the grass we stand on, weeds and all and say a little prayer for our brothers and sisters a world away.

1 comment:

  1. Amen Linda. Even with all the drama in my life I feel a deep sense of thankfulness and a deep sense of sadness for all those children and people. It is heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete

These are my opinions, viewpoints, and beliefs. If you do not agree, please be kind. If you cannot be kind, please do not comment.