Sunday, January 03, 2010

Resolutions Schmesolutions!

So the new year has come and we are officially in the "10's".  I can't believe how time flies the older you get.

I have just enjoyed a week and a half of vacation time and it all ends tomorrow morning when the alarm goes off.  I spent a lot of time in my jammies.  What could be better!

The last three days I have helped my daughter paint her room.  We learned a new technique: "ragging".  We bought a rag roller (Ralph Lauren; don't be impressed.  The only person who sells one).  It is basically a lint free cloth scrunched up and attached to a roller.  You could make one yourself using rubber bands but I figured $9 is worth the trouble. I rolled the glaze onto a small section then she followed after with a sponge to soften the application.  We kind of used two techniques together to create her unique look.

I am not much of a New Year Resolutions gal.  I am more of a think it over in my head then do it kind of gal. I figure if I need to do something why wait until January 1st.  If I haven't gotten to it by January 1st, I don't want to make a production out of deciding what to do.

I have been working on trying to get a little more balance in my life.  I have a tendency to go whole hog into whatever I am doing.  My husband uses the word obsessive;  I prefer to think of it as dedicated.  Anyway I have been trying to leave work at 5 instead of staying until 6 or 7.  Stuff will still be there tomorrow.

I am going to keep on with that through out the new year.  In part of my balance I want to try and attend to some more spiritual parts of my life.  I want to focus on my tithes and offerings, serving others, and reading my scriptures. It is very easy to get carried away in work and fun things (like crafting and reading and scrapbooks) and let the spiritual things fall by the wayside.

I want to take more time for myself and spend more time with my family and friends. I also want to work on the creative outlets in my life.  Scrapbooking, making (and sending) cards, and blogging.

What "think it out in your head and do it" kinds of things will you be working on this year?

3 comments:

  1. "The tens" is a super gay name for a decade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, seriously. Our children are going to think we're old hags because we were born in the nineteen hundreds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already think you're an old hag.

    ReplyDelete

These are my opinions, viewpoints, and beliefs. If you do not agree, please be kind. If you cannot be kind, please do not comment.