Sunday, January 10, 2010

Glittery Goodness

I used glitter today, something I haven't done in a long time. I had to make a sample of the craft I am doing for a YW activity.

I decided to make something using the theme for the Youth this year and I think it turned out really well.  I did a flower in each of the YW Value colors and the glitter is the center of the flowers.

I am going to have each of the girls names printed out so they can personalize their notebooks.  My point was to really personalize the popped up portion of the scripture.

This is a fun calling but here is the challenge:  Find something that 12 to 17 year old girls would all like to do that they can make in 1 1/2 hours and keep the cost down to $1 to $2 each. Then be prepared with enough supplies that if all 35 come they can all make it.  Rarely do you get everyone but you can aim high!



For this sample, I cheated a little.  Being Sunday, and not having an extra notebook, I made the sample on the back of one I made for Christmas.

This is a 4x6" notebook that you can get a Wally Word for $1.  Everything else was from my scrapbook supplies.

I have been doing this for a little over a year and I am running out of ideas.
If you have any fabulous ideas that will fit the bill, I would love to hear them.

1 comment:

  1. Love the notebooks, Linda! You are so talented and creative. The girls are so lucky to have you in their corner.

    ReplyDelete

These are my opinions, viewpoints, and beliefs. If you do not agree, please be kind. If you cannot be kind, please do not comment.