Saturday, October 28, 2006

Halloween meme

Thanks to Kailani, I am now going to regale you with scary tales of Halloween thingies from my life.

ooooooooohhhhhhhooooooooooo *scary sounds*

Halloween meme

1 - What was the scariest movie you have ever seen?
I remember watching Psycho, when I was about 12, with a bunch of other girls. When they turned the mom around and you saw her shriveled up scary face, talk about jumpy screaming girls.

Another scary movie is Watcher in the Woods. That is about as scary as I go for. I am with Kailani though. Poltergeist was one creepy movie.

2- What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child?
I remember having a witch costume, black hat and all. I was so excited to dress up, I put it on to play the day before. I remember some jerk driving by "It isn't Halloween yet!" What a humbug.

I have to say my absolute favorite was Little Bo Peep though. I won a costume contest in grade school.

3- Given enough money what would be your fantasy Halloween costume?
hmmmm, I would pay big bucks to get my hubby to dress up with me and we could be Raggedy Ann and Andy. I don't think there is enough money in the world though.

4- When was the last time you went trick or treating?
probably 6th grade. They did have trick or treating back them. We used pillow cases and didn't have to worry about weird things in the candy.

5- What is your favorite Halloween candy?
peanut butter m-n-m's

6- Tell us about a scary nightmare you once had.
I had a nightmare that monsters were chasing me around the yard when I was little.

I still have bad dreams that I am failing High School French class and won't graduate. I can see the graduation seating chart with my name and a big X through it. That is really frightening. Something to do with fear of failure, go figure.

7 – What is your supernatural fear?
I don't really believe in aliens but if they ever showed up with those big black glazed over eyes, I think I would throw up.

8-What is your ‘creepy-crawlie’ fear?
um, spiders.

9- Tell us a time you saw a ghost or heard something go bump in the night.
never seen a ghost and I hope I never see one.

10- Would you stay overnight in a real Haunted House?
I would have to say, NO.

11-Are you a traditionalist or a creative carver of your Jack-o-Lantern?
I don't like the goopy guts and opt for paint. Preferably my girls just make sugar cookies and decorate them like jack-o-lanterns.

12- How much do you decorate the house at Halloween?
I used to decorate a lot. Now it is pretty much up to my girls. I just don't want to bother. Would rather spend my time blogging or scrapbooking or . . . .

13- What do you want on your Tombstone?
"Curiosity killed the Goddess". I don't know. Hopefully something like "lived long enough to have fun, died soon enough to not be miserable, was caught up on her scrapbook"



I hope I didn't scare you too badly. This time I would like to tag:

I'm an Organizing Junkie

Oh, the Joys
SlackerMoms-R-Us

15 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:33 AM

    You used a pillowcase for a candy bag? LOL! How long ago was this?

    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:57 AM

    I love your tombstone! I've actually already done this meme if you want to see my answers http://slacker-moms-r-us.blogspot.com/2006/10/morgens-halloween-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:17 AM

    Arg. Memes! Arg.
    I'll work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:37 AM

    Okay done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading your Halloween meme. It would take a LOT of money to get my husband to dress up too, lol.

    Happy Halloween, Betty
    Blogging Chick

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Raggedy Ann:)
    Too bad he won't play along;)

    Thanks for sharing

    Stop by my place on Wed to share your holiday traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes - peanut butter MnM's - they are the BEST!!!! and I am a self-admitted chicken when it comes to any scary movies, so after Psycho I could only take baths with the shower curtain wide open - for many many many months.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:38 PM

    Oh Karmyn is a worse wuss than her mom. Have her tell you how she was the night after she watched ALIEN. ha ha ha ha

    I never let the kids watch scary movies, so they weren't prepared for them when they grew up.

    I never got to dress up for Halloween until I was a grown woman. In fact, looking at some of the 70's pictures I kind of think it was Halloween every day of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perhaps an older brother perspective on a couple of these:

    1) I fondly recall when we went as a family to see Raiders of the Lost Ark at the theater. I had seen it before that evening so I knew where the startling parts were. I sat next to the Goddess on this viewing, and when we got to the part where Indy and the Karen Allen character are blocked up into the underground chamber where all the snakes were, and she gets "attacked" by corpses, I gave the Goddess a poke at just the right moment and got a good scream out of her. I quite enjoyed that.

    2) I have a picture somewhere of the Goddess as a witch. I think I was a pirate in that one. As a small kid, the Goddess had Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls that Mom had made for her. She loved those. That's why she wants to be that for question 3. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute meme. I can remember being disturbed for YEARS by the movie Angel Heart, and I regretted giving it the time it took to watch it. Now, thankfully, I remember little about it.

    Since my kids are at the age we choose a family night out instead of trick or treating, we go the day AFTER Halloween and load up on all things CHOCOLATE (for me and my daughter) and SOUR (for my boys). 1/2 price sure beats full :).

    Thanks for carnivaling with the chicks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:47 PM

    i begged my husband to dress up this year and we went as harry potter and hermione. he looked hilarious! but he hated every minute of it. haha! oh i too remember the days of pillow cases for candy and no one putting weird stuff in it. oh the days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhhh... this is GREAT! I was looking for something Halloweenish to do for tomorrow! THIS is perfect! Thanks DG! I know you didn't tag me -- I'm tagging myself! LOL! I think our hubs are very similar in this area -- I couldn't get mine into ANY costume -- even if I offered him dracula ... or Hugh Heffner... *sigh* ... it's sad. Killjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man, I don't like to decorate much, either. I miss MAKING costumes. Refused to buy something off the shelves for my boys this year. They're a little, teensy weensy bit dissapointed to not be storm troopers, but they're very excited to be dressing up army style like their Daddy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a pitty ! I never celebrated Halloween as a child and our son (now 33) either. Now it's slowly coming over to Belgium since a few years. My favorite costum (but not as a child) was for Carneval. I dressed up "gothic". All in black, with mini skirt, white face, heavy underlined eyes with green eyeshadows and around the neck chaines with skulls. Wouldn't that have been a nice costum for Halloween ?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Neat meme. I think the original Cape Fear was really scary. All bugs are icky, but giant centipedes are nightmare-worthy. I'd have to think about the others.

    ReplyDelete

These are my opinions, viewpoints, and beliefs. If you do not agree, please be kind. If you cannot be kind, please do not comment.