Thursday, August 05, 2010

Home Alone!

Today has been somewhat strange.  Hubby and oldest daughter are at work.  Youngest daughter is at girls camp.  It has been me and the pug home alone all day.  Needless to say the house has been quiet.  It has been an overcast rainy day; the perfect type of day for a nap.  I have to admit I nodded off while I was crocheting in front of the t.v.  I am working on a granny square afghan to put up on the Etsy shop.

My mom always said that she liked rainy days.  It made her feel like she could stay home and get things accomplished instead of having to go out running errands.  I usually don't like rainy days because they are dark and gloomy.  The older I get, the more I like rainy days.  I am starting to see them through my mother's eyes.  They make you feel like snuggling into a blankie and reading or going in the kitchen and baking something yummy.

Even though I like a rainy day I am much more productive on a sunny day.  I am more energized by them (if I don't have to be out in the hot blazing sun which makes me feel like popsicle melting onto the pavement).

It's strange how you can be affected by things like the weather, the sun, having other people around.  I will enjoy it while I can.  The youngest, the noisier bouncier one, will be home tomorrow.  Although I love her energy, her joie de vivre, I will savor the quiet a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These are my opinions, viewpoints, and beliefs. If you do not agree, please be kind. If you cannot be kind, please do not comment.