Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Are you a wordie?

I love words; love word games, crossword puzzles, plays on words, reading etc. My favorite word is superfluous.

[soo-pur-floo-uhs]
–adjective
1. being more than is sufficient or required; excessive.
2. unnecessary or needless.
3. Obsolete. possessing or spending more than enough or necessary; extravagant.

I learned it in a High School English class and just loved it. It is fun to say. Come on now, say it out loud. See how it just rolls off your tongue! So much more fun to say than "you have too much".

I also love the work plethora.

[pleth-er-uh]
–noun
1. overabundance; excess: a plethora of advice and a paucity of assistance.

What are your favorite words?

No comments:

Post a Comment

These are my opinions, viewpoints, and beliefs. If you do not agree, please be kind. If you cannot be kind, please do not comment.