Thursday, September 20, 2018

Mother Earth and Enoch's Compassion


In reading Moses 7, I found the exchange of mother earth’s plaintive cry to God simply beautiful.   I also found it touching that Enoch was so moved as to weep and plead for her rest.

Here is the synopsis:
 
48 And it came to pass that Enoch looked upon the earth; and he heard a voice from the bowels thereof, saying: Wo, wo is me, the mother of men; I am pained, I am weary, because of the wickedness of my children. When shall I rest, and be cleansed from the filthiness which is gone forth out of me? When will my Creator sanctify me, that I may rest, and righteousness for a season abide upon my face? 
 
49 And when Enoch heard the earth mourn, he wept, and cried unto the Lord, saying: O Lord, wilt thou not have compassion upon the earth? Wilt thou not bless the children of Noah? 
 
 58 And again Enoch wept and cried unto the Lord, saying: When shall the earth rest? 
 
60 And the Lord said unto Enoch: As I live, even so will I come in the last days, in the days of wickedness and vengeance, to fulfil the oath which I have made unto you concerning the children of Noah; 
 
64 And there shall be mine abode, and it shall be Zion, which shall come forth out of all the creations which I have made; and for the space of a thousand years the earth shall rest. 

Mother Earth is a living, sentient being that needs to be cared for. If mother earth was that “pained” and “weary” then, just imagine how she must feel now. Could this be the cause for all the turmoil the earth is undergoing now – she is sick, in pain, and weary of sin.
I long for the time when our Savior comes, when she can finally rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These are my opinions, viewpoints, and beliefs. If you do not agree, please be kind. If you cannot be kind, please do not comment.